George Washington was the first president of the United States of America on April 30, 1789. In 1971, President Richard Nixon proclaimed that the third Monday of February to be a federal holiday to commemorate his contribution to the country. Nowadays, George Washington’s Birthday is known as President’s Day to honor all the other US presidents as well.
When is Washington’s Birthday in 2011, 2012
This year, Washington’s Birthday is on February 21, 2011. Next year, the Washington’s Birthday will be on February 20, 2012.
George Washington Quotes
George Washington was the military leader of the American Revolution and he played important roles in the military to lead the American Army to victory over the British in 1783. Therefore, most of the people known him as “The Father of the United States”
Below are some George Washington’s Quotes to be shared with all of you and we can learn and appreciate his wisdom through his precious words.
1) Bad seed is a robbery of the worst kind: for your pocket-book not only suffers by It, but your preparations are lost and a season passes away unimproved.
2) Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
3) Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.
4) Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
5) Happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.
6) I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
7) It is better to be alone than in bad company.
8) It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
9) Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the rest is in the hands of God.
10) My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.