Thanks to the modern technology and faster web facilities provided by service provider. Nowadays, you only need a personal computer or laptop to communicate with other people all around the world within a second. We can use either Instant chat tools such as MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger (YM) and lots of other useful chatting gadgets available on internet.
A few months ago, I used Google Talk web version to chat with my brother who’s studying in KK, Sabah. I found the web version Google Talk or Gtalk is quite convenient and easy to use as you do not need to install program like MSN or Yahoo did. I know they do have web version messenger but I prefer to use Google Talk as it’s more faster and stable compares to those two.
Only last month when my brother advised me to install Google Talk beta software. Initially, I do not think it’s necessary as Google Talk web version is good enough to chat. However, just a few days I had totally changed my mind because I found that Google Talk software is actually provides more services than Google Talk web version.
Let’s see what’s the difference between Google Talk web version and Google Talk Gadget which win the advantage over web version. Of course if you only prefer chat with your Google Talk and Gmail contacts only, then no difference in using web version as it’s also functioning very well. However, if you want to achieve additional services; you have to go for Google Talk application.
New features in Google Talk Application which not provided by Google Talk web version.
- PC to PC voice chat – In Google Talk Application, you can talk to anyone in your contact list for free using the help of Google Talk client. I had used the voice chat with my brother using microphone and surprisingly it really delivers amazing tasks. The sound was clear and smooth without delaying.
- Send and receive Voicemails – You can leave your voicemail if the person you’re calling is not available. It’s good to use as sometimes you are in a hurry and no time to type the message in email, then you can utilize the voicemail facility to deliver your voice through gmail.
- Send Files – I love this option very much because now I can transfer unlimited files without file size or bandwidth limits. I had tested it and the result is good depends to your ISP service provider’s speed & bandwidth.
- Without login to Gmail inbox, I already knew of new messages in my Gmail inbox because of Gmail notifications function. It’s a useful options as everyday we get lots of email and no time to read on it one by one. Therefore, with the Gmail notifications option, now I can view the title and some body message of the mails before I decided to open it.
- Group chat – you can invite multiple people to chat in group using Google Talk gadget. Just click on the “Group Chat” button to invite them to join the conversation.
These are the free services that used by me frequently and if you do have any extra findings on Google Talk, do share with me your research finding. If you are a software developer, you are allow to build applications for the Google Talk network as Google Talk uses open resources for instant messaging and voice calling. Who knows that your developed software will get noticed by Google itself and bring your the fortune.
So, are you ready to give a try on Google Talk? I will recommend you to download the Google Talk installer from Google Talk Website and install it on your PC. The PC requirements are Windows XP or Windows Vista. Join the Google Talk and chat right away from your PC or Gmail now.