EPF or KWSP- The Employees’ Provident Fund holders now can withdraw their EPF savings to cover the medical expenses of their family members who suffered from the 36 critical illnesses.
Besides that, there are additional 3 critical illnesses for members who are under the age of 16 are eligible for the EPF withdrawals. The 3 additional critical illnesses are Severe Asthma, Leukemia and Intellectual Impairment due to accident or sickness.
The withdrawal is subject to the balance in EPF Account 2 and total cost of treatment. Not only that, joint withdrawal is allowed among other family members to help cover for expensive medical treatment.
List of 36 Critical Illnesses To Entitle For KWSP Withdrawal
1. Aplastic anaemia
2. Appalic syndrome
3. Alzheimer’s Disease
4. Benign tumour of the brain
8. Chronic liver disease
9. Chronic lung disease
11.Coronary Artery Disease
14. FulminantVviral Hepatitis
15. Heart Attack
16. Heart Valve Replacement
17. Kidney Failure
18. Loss of independence existence
19. Loss of speech
20. Major Burns
21. Major Head Trauma
22. Major Organ Transplant
23. Medullary Cystic disease
25. Motor Neurone Disease
26. Multiple Sclerosis
27. Muscular Dystrophy
29. Parkinson’s disease
31. Primary Pulmonary
33. Surgery to Aorta
34. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus With Lupus Nephritis
35. Terminal Illness
36. Total Permanent Disability.
Requirements To Withdraw EPF Money For Critical Illnesses Treatment
1) The validity of medical report, bills and receipts must not exceed one year from the date the EPF withdrawal application is submitted.
2) Illnesses withdrawals are not allowed when the cost of medical treatment is fully covered by member’s employer or the employer of his/her family members.
3) Those patients who received fertility treatments or alternative treatments such as traditional medication are not entitled for the EPF withdrawals.
In the previous, EPF or KWSP withdrawals were only be approved for the 13 Critical illnesses and now had been expanded to 36. I believe this EPF withdrawal for 36 critical illnesses and treatment will be beneficial to those members which can help to ease their financial burden in seeking medical treatment.
For more information, visit EPF wesite at http://www.kwsp.gov.my or contact 03-89226000.