The world second most popular web browser – Mozilla Firefox is releasing its latest Firefox 6 version to the public. Although the new version of Firefox does not deliver major new features but you should not skip the new updates because Firefox 6 has fixed some previous security bugs that affected stability of browser.
Top Firefox 6 feature:
Awesome Bar’s main function is to make browsing more easily than ever. It will learn human preferences and gives you the best URL matches. For example, type the term into the search bar, all possible matches from your browsing history, bookmarked sites and open tabs will auto-appear with highlighted domains. You’ll find the correct website address very quick and more efficient.
Other Firefox 6.0 changes:
– Streamlined the look of the site identity block
– Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
– Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
– Added support for window.matchMedia
– Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
– Improved usability of the Web Console
– Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
– Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
– Fixed several stability issues
– Fixed several security issues
How to upgrade from Firefox 5 to Firefox 6?
The process is simple and straight forward. Just head over to Firefox Tab (orange) > Help > About Firefox > click on Check for Updates.
Firefox then will automatically scan and update current Firefox 5 to the latest Firefox 6 within a few minutes. Once done downloading new updates, click on Apply for changes button and Firefox browser will restart and now you are using the latest version Firefox 6.0.
Firefox 6 is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X in variety languages. Click this link to get the latest Firefox 6 version.
In my opinion, Firefox 6 is not a major release version compared to previous Firefox versions. However, I still recommend you to upgrade to latest Firefox stable version because of its stable functionalities and security features.