I guess I’m so lucky to receive another urgent email from local bank(other than CIMB Bank) again. If you still remembering I had wrote about Alert! CIMB Bank Send Phishing Emails 5 days ago. Today, I was greeted by another local bank called “MayBank“. Let me show you the email that I received :
Dear Valued Customer,
We placed restrictions on your account as we recorded access from an unauthorized third party. For security reasons, we suspended your account awaiting your verification and reactivation.
Activate – – –
Note: Restricted accounts will be closed / deactivated if not resolved within 10 minutes of notice. We regret any inconvenience caused.
As you can see from the above image, the sender (Spammer, hacker, bad guy) is quite smart as he/she knows to hide the real website URl by putting the Maybank2U link to conceal its fake link. Beware of this kind of fraud email and remind your friends and family regarding this so that no one falls into the bank scam trap.
- I don’t have any MayBank account but I still receiving urgent Maybank Email – Weird, Proven scam
- Are they the same group of people who sent the CIMB Scam email to me 5 days ago? – I don’t know
- Will I receive other banks fraud email again? - Let’s wait and see.
- Is my email account in danger now? – Hmm…I don’t think so. I have faith in Gmail.
- How many Maybank/CIMB bank account holders will be cheated by these irresponsible spammers?
I hope everyone will play their role to inform your friends, colleagues, family so that they are in the loop. Together we can prevent identity theft cases and put an end to bank scam email.