Attention to all Air Asia Passenger, AirAsia website will perform system upgrade from 1300, 9 July 2010 until 1800, 11 July 2010. It means that Air Asia Online Booking system will be temporarily unavailable in this period. According to AirAsia website, all the upgrade maintenance work will be done by 11 July 2010 at 1800.
What Happens To Air Asia Booking During System Upgrade?
On the 7 July 2010, you will notice that AirAsia self check-in goes offline including web check-in and mobile check-in. Then on the 9 July 2010, the AirAsia.com will start to upgrade and all the air asia ticket booking system such as AirAsia Call Centre, AirAsia Sales Office, AirAsia Travel Agents, Corporate Guests, Mobile.airasia.com will not be able to access. The AirAsia member login area such as AirAsia blog, AirAsia Live Help, Junior Jet Club and RedMegaStore also unavailable. Even the Manage my booking section will be upgraded at that period. Therefore, if you want to pick a airasia flight seat, pre-book meals, pre-book baggage, update passport/profile, Change AirAsia flight and Resend itinerary; just make sure you do all the necesary changes before 9 July (Friday)
Besides AirAsia website, AirAsiaGo.com where you can book the flight and hotel will be upgraded as well but only involves Flight + hotel and Flight functions. The hotel and car rental bookings are not effected. In my opinion, this AirAsia system upgrade is a major one because it involves almost all the AirAsia Online Booking system.
5 Steps You Should Do To Avoid Unforeseen Circumstances Happens During Air Asia Booking Upgrade period:
1) Finalise your Air Asia ticket bookings before 9 July.
2) Arrive early for check-in – at least 3 hours before your flight.
3) Make necessary travel arrangement before 9 July
4) Check back AirAsia website often for the latest updates.
5) You still can login to AirAsiaGo.com to check for hotels booking, tour packages and car rentals.
New Changes On Air Asia Online Booking website after upgrade:
1) All username logins will be changed to email logins effective 12 July 2010.
2) If you have more than one accounts in Air Asia booking website, it will merged into one main account which will be determined by the latest creation date.
3) if you want to maintain separate accounts, remember to update each profile with the main email address before 9 July 2010. Any non-updated AirAsia accounts will be considered inactive and you will be unable to use them anymore.
Please tell your friends or relatives who plan to travel on this period and remind them of the AirAsia Online Booking system upgrade notice. You can find more details on AirAsia website.